Phone: (+373 22) 72 71 23
Email: [email protected]
Centre of Applied Organic Chemistry was set up in 2016 and includes two laboratories:
- Laboratory of Chemistry of Natural and Biologically Active Compounds, head of the laboratory – dr. habilitate, assoc. prof. Veaceslav Kulcitki;
- Laboratory of Organic Synthesis, head of the laboratory – dr. habilitate, professor Fliur Macaev.
Carrying out scientific research in the field of organic and natural compound chemistry, according to the scientific topics of the center's laboratories:
- Directed synthesis of biologically active organic compounds, including natural compounds;
- Development of the theoretical bases of the directed synthesis of new organic substances with biological activity;
- Synthesis of biologically active organic compounds, using computational modern methods for predicting biological activity;
- Creation of new preparations useful for industry, medicine, agriculture;
- Extension of modern methods of synthesis, including photolytic, electroorganic, catalytic and other transformations, etc.;
- Measurements in the mentioned areas for economic agents (on order);
- Assurance of practical work and production activities for young researchers and lecturers;
- Training of highly qualified scientific staff through PhD courses and postdoctoral education in the field of organic chemistry and chemistry of natural and physiologically active compounds.
The existing research infrastructure within the Centre of Applied Organic Chemistry includes equipments, instruments and all necessary materials for carrying out the proposed research activities (Polarimeter, Chromatograph HPLC and GCMS, apparatus "Boetius" for determining the melting point, an ozonator, an ultrasonic bath, stirrers with heating, analytical balances, etc.). The equipment can be used by all members of the centre, as well as by all interested researchers in the country and abroad.