Head of the centre academician, dr. habilitate, prof. Gheorghe DUCA
Phone: (+373 22) 72 79 11
Email: [email protected]
Centre Physical and Inorganic Chemistry was set up in 2006 and includes three laboratories:
- Laboratory of Physical an Quantum Chemistry, head of the laboratory – dr. Iolanta Balan
- Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry, head of the laboratory – dr. habilitate, assoc. prof. Ion Bulhac
- Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry and Nanocomposite, head of the laboratory – dr. habilitate, assoc. prof. Vasile Lozan
- Research in the fields of quantum chemistry, chemical kinetics, nanocomposites, analytical chemistry, coordination and bioinorganic chemistry, according to the scientific topics of the center's laboratories;
- Providing modern analysis methods to institutions that perform chemical research (NMR- 1H, 19F, 13C, 15N, 31P, 119Sn, 59Co, etc.; RNG 57Fe, UV-Vis (190 - 1100 nm), et all;
- Training of highly qualified scientific staff through PhD courses and postdoctoral education in the field of physical and physical-chemical research methods;
- Increasing the efficiency of the common use of unique research equipment (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer, Nuclear Resonance Spectrometer (Mösbauer), Stopped Flow Spectrophotometer), necessary to solve the scientific problems identified by the priority directions of science and technology development in the Republic of Moldova;
- Assurance of practical works and production activities based on physical methods in chemistry for young researchers and lecturers during refreshment courses;
- Development of cooperation relations with research institutions in similar or related fields.
The existing research infrastructure within the Center of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry includes equipment, instruments and all materials necessary for carrying out the proposed research activities (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer 400 MHz, Gamma Nuclear Resonance Spectrometer, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Stopped Flow E-100, rotary evaporators, heated magnetic stirrers, analytical balances, et all). The equipment can be used by all members of the center, as well as by all interested researchers in the country and abroad.